Sunday, March 2, 2014

Room 1 skipping

 Room 1 had our first skipping practise this year.  Some of the children are already able to skip confidently.

All the children were able to turn the rope and jump over it by the end of the session. 















We also drew a picture of ourselves skipping.  Note the way the children perceive the rope as they swing it.  We will be working on drawing our bodies and how they look during this term; trying to get away from the stick figure drawings.


The skipping was like we were doing a show. Adam
I am at school and I was outside.  I like skipping.
The rope is swinging. Ginny
It is fun. Also I was jumping over the rope. Lucas.
I went to skipping.  I was skipping with my
skipping rope. Daniella
It is fun I can jump over it. Jacob M.
I was skipping because our teacher told us to. Jake
We are out skipping on a rainy day.  I am about to jump over the skipping rope.  Jimmy
I went skipping at Rolleston School.  It was fun.  The rope was
tall.   Toby
I liked skipping.  I was grateful.
Jacob Y
I went outside and skipped.  The rope is going around and I gave it another go.  Madison
I was on the concrete.  I can skip backwards.  Emily
I learned to skip because I like skipping. 
I was excited when I could skip.  Harrison
I like to skip.  I can't do it but I keep trying. Sophia
I was jumping over the skipping rope and my feet jumped on my feet again.  Coben
I skipped far away on the grass. Alexey

2 comments:

  1. Room 1- these are fantastic skipping stories. I am impressed that many of you are writing more than one sentence when describing your skipping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the enthusiasm - skipping is tricky but lots of fun, and you are all doing so well. I especially love the stories.

    ReplyDelete