Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Perfect Summer's Day

Room 1 have had a display of 'summer' on the exploration table and a book called Sky Tree, which we will be using throughout the year.


We painted what we thought a perfect summer's day would look like. (Not easy when there is torrential rain pelting against the windows.) The children's paintings are on display in the classroom. After discussing how we felt, the colours of summer and what we would do on a perfect day we wrote our own stories. 

The warm sun brightens the day.  Trees are swaying gently as I do roly-polys on the grass.  Emily

In summer I would play in the grass. The sun was warm and I would pick flowers. Jake

I went to the beach. Alexey

The warm sun shines on the playground.  I smell the yellow daisies and they smell like strawberries. Bella.

I like my picture. Haylin

It is a perfect day because the green grass is there and the sun and a big tree. Coben

I went on the playground and I rode the Ferris wheel.  Madison

I went to the beach and I made a sandcastle. Lucas

I looked at the rainbow and I am getting warm. 

I went to my backyard and I played with my dog.

I went to the beach with my grandma.  I like going to the beach because there is lots of dead seaweed. Harrison

It is a sunny day and I had my pool our. Jacob M.

It is a sunny day for a rainbow and for a swim with your sister. Adam

I like it when it is sunny.  I am playing in my garden.  I saw a rainbow.  Jacob Y.

I saw the warm sun and I saw the tree sway. Ginny

I went to the beach.  It was sunny. Toby

I am picking juicy apples for my mum, dad and brother. Sophia

I was in Tekapo when we were having a swim.  Jimmy

1 comment:

  1. I love how you have all captured the essence of summer- swimming, juicy apples, daisies, the beach, sandcastles... that is what I will think about on our next rainy day.

    ReplyDelete